The Tell Tale Heart Reaction Essay
English – Mr. Dawursk
Your essay must be double space typed in black ink with 1” by 1” margins using no larger than 12-point Arial or Times New Roman font. It will be evaluated predominately on how well you have defended your responses to the following questions:
1) After reading the book and watching the movie, identify at least five things which are similar (compare).
2) After reading the book and watching the movie, identify at least five things which are different (contrast).
3) Identify the protagonist in the movie and the protagonist in the book. Do they have the same terror, fears, or “issues”? How do they deal with their situation? Were the situations believable?
4) Do you feel the screenwriter did a good job of retelling Poe’s story? Which was better – the story or the movie? Explain your answer.
5) Would you recommend the movie or the book to another person? Explain.
Remember you are being graded on not only the content, but also on how the paper looks (presentation). Make sure it is neat and uses proper grammar, mechanics and spelling. The essay should NOT be numbered by questions, but instead should include at least one well developed paragraph for each question answer. That is a minimum of five paragraphs.